You already know that we don’t need so much proteins as everybody is used to think. Anyway if you train weight lifting as me, or any other kind of sport and you care about providing good proteins to your muscles, you are going to like this cookie recipe. Proteins come from the oats, peanut butter (100% of nuts), hemp and pumpkin seeds. This is a great snack if you are on the run, they can replace a meal being highly dense of nutrients. The fact that they are very compact and suit to a purse or a pocket make them perfect!
I made the cookies in the dehydrator, but you can use also an oven set at a low temperature or just bake it in high temperature. In the last option the cookies wont be raw, but they are going to be healthy anyway, for sure much better than cookies from a grocery store. Most of the oats are not raw, but if yours are raw and you want to keep all the enzymes I recommend to use a dehydrator 🙂
Ingredients:1. Oats 1,5 cups
2. Oat’s flour (ground oats) about 1 Cup 3. Nut’s butter of choice (peanut, almond or cashew) – 2 table spoons
4. liquid sweetener about 3 – 4 table spoons or more depends on your taste 5. dry plums 1 handful or more
6. 2 juicy apples
7. Pumpkin seeds (optional)
8. Hemp seeds (optional)
9. Cinnamon (optional) about 1 tea spoon
10. a pinch of salt Extra protein – if you want even more proteins, you can replace half or all the oat flour with a vegan protein powder. directions: 1. Mix the nut butter with the sweetener.
2. Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, seeds, cutted plums, salt and grated apples. 3. Mix all the ingredients and leave them still for 10 minutes. Try if you like the taste and check if it is sweet enough for you. Note that apples are going to be sweeter after dehydration. I prefer my cookies not too much sweet, so I use just little sweetener.
4. Form some cookies and place them on the tray of the dehydrator (Or the oven). 5. Set the dehydrator temperature to about 42-46 degrees C (105 – 115 F) and leave the cookies for 6 to 15 hours, depend on how crispy you like them. If you don’t have a dehydrator you can set you over at a low temperature. If you want to bake them, just put some coconut oil on the paper before placing the cookies, set about 180C and let them sit for about 25 minutes. I have never checked the baking, so keep them under control. That’s what I need:) it is also perfect as a breakfast with almond milk 🙂