In the world there are plant eaters, carnivores and omnivores. And human?
Human is certainly the most confused of all existing species on Earth, because he does not know what to eat to be healthy. How many people, so many styles of eating and almost as many theories on the subject. The magazines almost every week show new sensational diet, designed to slim us at express pace. Who is right?
Animals in the wild do not have a problem with that. From the beginning they instinctively know what food is their ideal food.
Healthy nutrition appropriate for the species is crucial not only to maintain proper weight, it is too superficial approach to the subject. The right diet is based on a desire to maintain long-term health and of course slim figure, which is the result of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Let’s consider all the facts logically that define the diet of the whole kingdom of animals, on top of which stands the human.
1. Teeth: molars of carnivores are pointed and sharp. Our teeth are primarily flat and are used for grinding food. Our “canine teeth” are not true carnivore-like canines. We are not able to bite a piece of raw meat through the skin, and before that, of course, kill an animal by biting its carotid artery. We do not have the jaws filled with sharp teeth such as carnivores.
2. Tongue: only true carnivores have a rough tongue; herbivores have a smooth tongue. Therefore, herbivores can sip water by mouth, but can not drink with their tongues, as carnivorous animals do, using only the tongue to drink.
3. Jaw movement: our ability to grind food is unique to plant eaters. We have the ability for lateral movement of our jaws . Carnivores do not have this ability, it is impossible for them.
4. Saliva: Plant eating animals (including healthy people) have alkaline saliva, adapted for digestion of carbohydrates. Carnivores have acidic pH of saliva.
5. Stomach: carnivores stomach has a round shape and emits 10 times more hydrochloric acid than the stomach of plant eaters (and ours). The stomach of herbivores is oblong with a complex structure.
6. Liver: plant eater’s liver, including human, is able to eliminate only small amounts of uric acid. In contrast, the liver of carnivores is much more active, capable of removing from the body 10 -15 times more uric acid than the orangutan and human liver. Uric acid is contained in meat and meat-eaters have an enzyme called uricase to metabolize uric acid. We do not have this enzyme, so we need to neutralize the strong acid with our alkalizing minerals, mainly calcium. The resulting crystals of uric calcium are one of many pathogens in humans who eat the meat, which in this case are exacerbated or contribute to the formation of urinary gout, arthritis, rheumatism and bursitis.
7. Colon: plant eaters (and human) has a digestive system 12 times longer than the length of our torsos . This allows the body to slow the absorption of sugars and other substances diluted in water with fruit. In contrast to us, gastrointestinal tract of carnivores is only three times longer than their torso. This is necessary in order to avoid rotting of flesh inside the animal.
8.Sugar metabolism: glucose and fructose, found in fruits, provides fuel for our cells without overloading our pancreas (unless you eat a lot of fat). Carnivores do not deal well with sugar. They are prone to diabetes, when the staple of their diet is fruit.
9. Digestive enzymes: our digestive enzymes are easily adapted to digest the fruit. We produce ptyalin, also known as salivary amylase to start the process of digestion of fruit. Carnivorous animals do not produce ptyalin and have completely different proportions of digestive enzymes.
10. Fat metabolism: Humans do not handle more that small amounts of fat. Carnivores feel great on a high-fat diet.
11. Tolerance of germs: most carnivores can digest germs and microbes that are deadly to humans, such as those that cause botulism.
12. Hands: we have hands with long fingers. Our opposable thumbs make us well equipped to collect fruit for a meal in a few seconds. The claws of predators allow them to catch prey also in a few seconds. Just like we could not catch and tear the skin a deer with his bare hands, so the lion could not collect apples or bananas.
13. Sleep: people usually are awake 15 hours a day. Carnivores sleep and rest usually 18 to 20, and sometimes more hours in a day.
14. Vision: our sense of sight has a full spectrum of colors, allowing you to distinguish ripe from unripe fruit at a distance. Carnivorous animals usually do not see all the colors.
15. Meal size: fruit is proportional to our nutritional requirements. Fits in your hand. A few pieces of fruit enough to become a meal, leaving nothing to waste. Carnivores eat mostly the whole animal they kill.
16. Cleanliness: human is the most sensitive of all the animals in terms of the purity of our food. Carnivores are the least picky eating dirt, bugs and other organic elements with their food.
17. Birth: people usually have one baby at a time. Carnivorous animals have litters.
18. Nipples: predators have numerous nipples on their bellies, people have one pair of nipples.
19. Diet pH: carnivorous animals feel great on an acidic diet, while this diet is deadly to humans and it is the beginning of many disease states. For a human the best food is alkalizing.
20. Natural appetite: our mouths water at the sights and smells of a fruit market. These are live products, which are the source of our food. But the smell of the animals usually repels us. Even dismembered, raw meat is not appetizing to us. We do not want to bite off a piece. Even cooked meat without salt, and taste masking spices and condiments for us is not encouraging. Carnivores mouths water when they feel the scent of prey, they react to this smell like the smell of food.
You can perform a simple test indicating a natural instinct:
Take a 2 – year old child, a rabbit and an apple and put them together in a crib. If a child eats the rabbit and starts to play with an apple, then you can be sure that a human is a meat eater
The last, but perhaps most important:
EMPATHY: We get emotional at the sight of small animals, whether they are puppies, piglets or lamb. Pets are our friends, movie’s characters , we are touched by their love and intelligence. If we live with them, we love them as a family member and the best friends. We are against the killing and cruelty to animals. Recently the whole world was shocked after the giraffe of the Copenhagen Zoo was killed. When some animal manages to escape from the transport to the slaughterhouse, everybody roots for him to manage to survive. We turn our head when we see violence against animals, we are not able to look at it.
I want to show you a funny video and how it meaningfully reflects our true nature :